Sunday, March 15, 2015

Troubleshooters: All Through the Night and Beginnings and Ends by Suzanne Brockmann Review

**Since Beginnings and Ends is a very short book I'm going to lump it in with All Through the Night.

All Through the Night
4.5 stars
What a beautiful ending to such an amazing couple. Jules and Robin are probably my all time favorite couple; not only in this series, but books in general. 

Synopsis:
"It's Christmastime in Boston, and this year the silver bells will be wedding bells as FBI agent Jules Cassidy ties the knot with the man of his dreams, Hollywood heartthrob Robin Chadwick
The pair plan a quiet, intimate ceremony, to be witnessed by family and close friends from the FBI, SEAL Team Sixteen, and Troubleshooters, Incorporated, including Sam Starrett and Alyssa Locke. But the holiday season brings more to the happy couple than they expect.

A waterfall coming through their kitchen ceiling, a bat colony in the attic, old family tensions . . . even an international incident can't dampen their spirits. But add to that a parade of unexpected guests, including a reporter looking for a scoop, an ex-lover hell-bent on causing trouble, and a dangerous stalker, and suddenly the wedding is poised to unravel in chaos.
But nothing will stop Jules and Robin from getting their happy ending, because along with a guest list featuring the most elite counterterrorism force in the world, they have their own secret weapon—true love
."

First things first this was so much longer than I had originally thought it was going to be and I was so excited when I realized that page after page after page it was nowhere near over. For some reason when I saw Christmas in the synopsis I thought it was going to be like a Christmas novella but no this is a full on book :) 
 photo 414692_zpsv9eznsxp.jpg

My love of Jules and Robin knows no bounds. They are complex and have so many sides and layers to them that there is no way to pin them down as one thing.

I think my favorite thing about them is just how real and honest they are. These are not cookie cutter perfect characters; they are raw, and flawed, and so fucking captivating. Whenever the are in a book or even a scene, either together or separate, it is hard to pay attention to the other characters and couples.

The journey here was not easy whatsoever but it was all so worth it, because this type of love is worth all the bullshit that life tries to throw on you. 
i'm not telling you anymore because no way will I ruin this amazing journey for you all.

Jeez this is killing me not giving 5 stars but there was this side plot that really ruined a perfect rating from me. But that side m/f relationship ruined it for me. I loved Dolphina but Will was such an undeserving, lying, little fuck face.  And I felt his lying ass didn't deserve happiness. I don't care how many times he said sorry or felt bad; that trust was broken and will likely never be the same for him and Dolph.

 I mean he **SPOILER**stole, lied, used, and set up Doplphina and Jules and Robin. And then at the end he gets the 2 things he wanted**END OF SPOILER**. What the fuck is that shit about?!
He deserved to live a sad and pathetic life pining after the woman he fucked over.

Final thoughts:
I definitely recommend this couple to everyone. There relationship story arc spans about 3 books plus a short story: Hot Target, Force of Nature, and this one, and then the short story Beginnings and Ends. I could have done without the other couple plot line in this one but oh well you can't have everything.



Beginnings and Ends
1.5 stars
This low rating has nothing to do with the little that we got to see of Robin and Jules, but it has everything to do with the lack of story that I paid for. 

Synopsis:
"After years of playing the tormented actor Joe Laughlin on the hit television show Shadowland, Hollywood star Robin Chadwick Cassidy is ready for a change. Joe’s character embodies the real demons of Robin’s past—his struggle with his sexuality, his battle with alcoholism—and portraying the part has taken a heavy toll on his personal life. Robin’s husband, FBI agent Jules Cassidy, has noticed the strain and will do whatever he can to make Robin happy. And what Robin has in mind will forever transform his career, his marriage, and his family."
 photo 13625539_zpsighck8aw.jpg

If this was a free short story whatever I don't think I would have minded, but this was 2 dollars for a whole lot of nothing. We got more scenes about Joe Laughlin than we did of the actual "real" characters. To me that's kind of bullshit. I wanted to read about Jules and Robin and I got maybe 2 small scenes of them and the rest was some character that Robin plays and worse it was in the fake character's pov and universe. 


With all of my complaining I do have to say that the little we got to see of the couple was really great. I love that they are going **SPOILER**to be parents!!! I am so excited to see more of that**END OF SPOILER**. I also really enjoyed that there was a partial sex scene for them. I feel like they only get really intense makeout scenes or the after math of sex, but no we got an honest to god **SPOILER**blow job scene.**END OF SPOILER** For anyone who is not for sex scenes don't worry nothing is greatly described or in detail.


Oh and a little warning it ends at 71% the extra almost 30% are previews for previous books. Needless to say I was pretty annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment