Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Spice by Lilah Suzanne Review

4.5 stars
I wish I could have given this more, but the writing style was just not for me. 

Synopsis:
"As writer of the popular “Ask Eros” advice column, Simon Beck has an answer to every relationship question his readers can throw at him. When it comes to his own life, the answers are a little more elusive—until computer troubles introduce him to the newest and cutest member of his company’s IT support team. Simon may be charmed by Benji’s sweet and unassuming manner, but will he find the answer to the one relationship question he has never been able to solve: how to know when he’s met Mr. Right?"

Like I stated above I kept getting distracted by how awkward it was and would have to reread what I had just read; and this didn't happen just once, but multiple times. 

But other than that I absolutely adored this book! It was a great mix of sweet and sexy. Simon and Benji's immediate connection was so believable and real; it never felt like "insta" anything. Even when the were in that period of being only friends because Simon was a dumb fuck at one point. But he quickly redeemed himself. It all felt sincere and I think that's what I loved most about this book. 
 photo 23665480_zpsycgyqu5t.jpg
The fact that these guys felt real and had insecurities and had real relationship worries and arguments, just like everybody else. There were no "perfect" characters that annoyed the shit out of you. There was no over the top plot line, nor was there any random action scene shoot out thrown in. 
It was just a real couple having a real relationship, and I loved being able to see the after of the happily ever after. And seeing that the after was not chapters of them living a perfect life with no fighting and constant orgasms was really a huge plus for me. 

It was an honest relationship that had so much love. They were thinking and talking about buying cat food, scrubbing grout, and other real life things after sex or in the shower together, and even when try were trying to sext (so hilarious!) It was just a really honest representation of living your life with the person you love. 

I loved that the chapters opened with parts of the advice column I thought that was a really fun idea. I was obsessed with the text messages! Oh god they were things of beauty and made me laugh so hard.

Final Thought:
It was just a really fun and sweet book that will definitely be a reread for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment