Sunday, November 23, 2014

Perfect Imperfections by Cardeno C. Review

4.5 stars out of 5
I am obsessed with this book and can't stop smiling!

Synopsis:
"Hollywood royalty Jeremy Jameson has lived a sheltered life with music as his sole focus and only friend. Before embarking on yet another international concert tour, he wanders into a bar in what he considers the middle of nowhere and meets a man who wins him over with his friendly smile and easy-going nature. Accountant slash bartender slash adventure-seeker Reg Moore has fun talking and drinking with The Jeremy Jameson and can’t say no when the supposedly straight rock star makes him a once in a lifetime offer: keep him company on his tour by playing the part of his boyfriend. 

Listening to music, traveling the world, and jumping off cliffs is fun. Falling in love is even better. But to stay with Jeremy after the stage lights dim, Reg will need to help him realize there’s nothing pretend about their relationship."



 photo 21894435_zps22e90203.jpg
Wow.. I was not expecting how much I was going to fall in love with this book, the story, and Jeremy & Reg♥
This absolutely met and surpassed my expectations, and I was sad when it was over. This is definitely going to be one of my go-to comfort rereads :)
**Prepare for a long winded review filled with major gushing**

What I loved:
-Everything! The fact that there was no unnecessary angst, drama, miscommunication, etc. Reg and Jeremy were friends and just perfect for each other. There was that nice slow burn GFY attraction(on Jeremy's side of the relationship, because Reg has been out since he was a teen), and the sexual tension was perfect and just the right amount.

-Their communication. I loved that they actually talked to each other. This was not one of those insta-fuck turn insta-love books; this book was friendship, attraction, and realization (by my little sweet cranky Jeremy) of said attraction. I love that there was no "I can't be gay" freak out that leads to one character hurting the other with a cold shoulder brush off. There was just an acceptance and reciprocation of love, and a recognition that his friend is the only one that truly gets him and actually wants to understand him.

-Believable friendship and love! This is sometimes a hard thing to write, but the author did it beautifully! I truly believed and felt that these men were very close friends, I could just feel the love that they had for each other, and I loved watching that close bond morph into a romantic love. I loved that Jeremy could be a grumpy little shit and Reg was the only one who could deal with it. They were just so well paired and complementary to one another.

-The smooth sailing the couple had. There was no fight, no break up, no heartache, nothing and I loved that so much! I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop, but no I was worried for no reason and that made me beyond happy; I can't stand when the inevitable break up/separation happens and I found it so refreshing that the author didn't go that route.

-Their age gap. It was not that large of a gap about 5 years or so, but I loved that Reg(the younger man) was the one who was more dominant and in control of the situations with Jeremy's managers and all the PR people. I loved that Reg took care of Jeremy and was able to make him happy and more relaxed. It is usually the older man taking care of the younger and it was nice to see the opposite, again I found this refreshing. The author does these subtle strays from the romance norms and I really appreciate them.

-The men themselves. They were both just so likable that I wanted them to both have a HEA and it made it 20x better that it was to each other. Reg just was so sweet and caring and I just love him! He totally got Jeremy and just genuinely wanted to take care of his friend and make sure that he was happy and having a good time. Oh Jeremy my love, he was so cranky and innocent, and just so lovable! All he really needed was someone who loved him and a few snuggles and cuddles(me too man). Can I just say that I love when characters are self aware. I loved that Jeremy knew what his flaws were and he wasn't oblivious to being a pain in the ass at times, because there is nothing worse than a character(and person) who does not know what a little shit they can be. He was aware and addressed his concerns with Reg about never wanting to take him for granted. The communication in this book was just on point and made the characters feel so real. Sidenote: I really adored how territorial Jeremy was of Reg.

-I also was a fan that terms like "needy" and "grouchy" were not necessarily seen as negative. Because when I'm not in a good mood I can be grouchy & grumpy, and I am totally needy for cuddles and hugs when I am in a relationship. I mean who doesn't enjoy being wrapped up in your partner's arms or tangled with them on a couch or in bed.


What made me not give a 5 star:
-What led Reg to going on tour with Jeremy. I mean they were strangers, granted they did talk a lot that night, but still that was the first night that they had met. To just invite a stranger to pretend to be your boyfriend in order to not be lonely on tour was a bit unrealistic for me to fully believe.

-The whole situation with Frederic? Francis? I can't remember that dude's name but that was kind of unbelievable that he wasn't fired right after it was found out he was the one pulling all of the shenanigans.

-The unknown time lapses. It was kind of disorienting because time would go by and you wouldn't know until one of the characters thought about how many months on tour it had been. I mean it's really not that big of a deal and it didn't ruin my experience reading, but I could have done with out it.


Final thoughts
Recommend like crazy!! Go out and read this book. It is so good, and fun, and just smile inducing!

No comments:

Post a Comment