Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cranberry Inn Series by Beth Ehemann Review

**I am reviewing books one and two in the series and I thought it would be much easier to do both in one post since I really hated both enough that I don't want this series to have more than one post, and because it would save me some time :)
Room for You (book one)
1 star out of 5
I despised this book and the main character. I have no idea how it conjured up the hype that it did.

Synopsis:
"Four years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.
I tried to pick up the pieces and glue them back together the best I knew how, but something was always missing.
A father for my two girls.
But then, Brody Murphy landed on my doorstep, literally. He was a carefree, playful hockey player who barged into my life and messed with my head. He left me more confused than I had ever been.

What if the one thing I thought I needed was the only thing holding me back?"

 photo 18069353-1_zpshsh2xtlz.jpg
This book(and series) was nothing but a pity party for Kacie and all the sad shit that happened in her past. 

She was so judgmental of Brody and his life(that she knew nothing about), he did nothing but show and say how much he liked her and her kids. He did nothing to deserve her judgment and mistrust. Kacie listened to women she knew were mean untrustworthy people, and still chose to believe them over the man who had done nothing but tell her the truth and showed her repeatedly how much she could trust him. Poor Brody was always chasing after her, trying to love her after she messed things up and tried to ignore him. She kept pulling away from him(no seriously the whole book up until the end) because she's so "messed up" I wished he would have been like fine go be a lonely miserable person while I get a drama free life. 

I get that her heart was battered by her ex and dad, but what I didn't understand was how Kacie could lead a pity party life when she has daughters that should know what happiness is. Kacie didn't need a man to make her complete, but she needed to realize that shit happens to everyone and that living a sad life would not help her daughters in the long run. I liked that Brody sort of called her on this, and told her that her negativity and loneliness doesn't show her kids what a good life is.

Every mistake she made was because of her "pity me" past and I could not stand it. She never went after Brody and apologized or owned that she messed up, never! I can't remember a time that I couldn't stand a character as much as I can't stand Kacie.

She had so much that (ignorant) people could have judged her for but Brody didn't, not once. Yet she can sit there on her high horse and repeatedly judge him. I just have no idea how the book has all the hype that it does.




Room for More (book two)
1 star out of 5
Wow I guess I am a masochist because I willingly read this after hating the first book. I really hoped it would have been as great as others said...hint: it wasn't

Synopsis:
"Four years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.
Three months ago, I found something I haven’t had in years. 
Hope. 
That hope came in the form of a sexy, carefree hockey player named Brody Murphy. He swooped in and won me over with his big heart and the way he cared for me…and my girls. When they look at him, they see the father they’ve never had.
Now, my past and present are colliding and the outcome might just be too much for me to bear. Can I make the right decision when I’ve spent my whole life making the wrong ones?"


 photo 18710436_zps92yc66mb.jpg
Fuck you Kacie. And a big fuck you to Zach. My love for Brody has increased 10 fold; I don't know how he deals with that lying and clueless woman. 

I honestly have nothing more to say about this book, other than I shouldn't have continued after not liking the first book. Yeah it was just so frustrating and upsetting. The one time that Brody needs Kacie's support he walks in on a disturbing sight, and finds out she's been lying to him.

Brody needs her for the first time after being there for her all the time, and she can't even do that. Kacie is so self absorbed and everything that happens in her little world is never her fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment