Saturday, February 7, 2015

Dragon Slayer by Isabella Carter Review

4 stars out of 5
This was a pretty solid read, and I enjoyed it immensely. 

Synopsis:
"Ingram is a coward and weakling—at least according to his father, the king, and the royal court. He cannot use a sword, he faints at the sight of blood, and even his brilliant abilities as a strategist are not enough to overcome his failings. When his father loses a bet to the notorious Lord Mallory over the matter of a dragon slaying, he pays his debt by ordering Ingram to marry him.

Then his father reveals that he is putting Ingram to a greater purpose, giving Ingram one last chance to prove he is not worthless. All it requires is betraying his new husband."
 


I can't wait to read the next one, it ended on a slight cliffhanger and I want to know what's going to happen next!
 photo 17791691_zpswrc44yef.jpg
I loved the slow burn relationship between Ingram and Mallory. I actually enjoyed there not being any sex on page. For some reason it made it much more enjoyable and it made sense for the couple. I am usually all for the sexing and seduction, but this was so enjoyable and I feel that anything more than kisses or cuddles would have taken away from the story and the sexual tension. 

I loved watching Ingram grow! He was such a sweet person and watching him become fierce and independent was fabulous. Plus the love and support that Mallory showed him just made it so great. And that was another reason I loved that there was no sex because it could have easily turned into one of those "saved by the magic dick" stories, but no Ingram was the one who saved himself and had the lovely Mallory by his side to support him not save him.

I definitely would recommend this book to fantasy lovers or people who love the forced marriage trope (honestly I feel like anyone could read this book and have a great time). Really enjoyable and had a bit of twists and turns to keep you on your toes.



Final thoughts:
I really loved this book and I really can't wait to get my grubby little hands on the next one! I really hope the author finishes it some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment