Saturday, February 7, 2015

Perfect Collision by Lina Andersson Review

4 stars out of 5
I really loved this book, and enjoyed it much more than I thought I was going to.

Synopsis:
"There wasn't much Violet Warren considered easy in life. Even just talking to people was a challenge. On the other hand, she didn't like all that many people. Her dad was one of few people she loved, simply because he understood her. Or at least tried to understand her, as opposed to her mom. 
Then there was Mac... She couldn't really say she knew Mac, but he'd been around her entire life, since he was the son of the club’s President. She liked him. He was the one who suggested she could become a tattoo artist, an idea she loved, since drawing was one of few things she considered herself good at. Her dad helped her to get a spot as an apprentice at Wicked Ink. She wasn't sure how to thank him properly until he asked her to do a tattoo on him. It sort of went downhill from there.

Marcus 'Mac' Baxter couldn't really say he knew Vi. She was just the tiny, shy girl who'd always had a sketchbook in her lap. He knew she'd been crushing on him when she was a kid, but he'd never thought much about it. When he decided to become a Marauder, he left Greenville, Arizona, to join the Emporia, Kansas charter instead. He wanted to make a name for himself and not just be 'Brick's son.' A few years later he transferred back, and realized Vi had grown up while he was away.
But you didn’t take advantage of a girl who’d been crushing on you for years, a girl who was the daughter of a fellow member. You just didn’t.
And you definitely didn’t kiss her. That was insane… But that’s what he did.
 "


**Can we talk about how gorgeous that cover is???**
 photo 21964178_zps08lobrht.jpg
I honestly don't know what to say other than I enjoyed the fuck out of this book, and love to reread it. 
It is by no means a flawless book, but I really didn't care about that I just got sucked into the story and had a smile on my face and was rooting for Violet and Mac the whole time. I loved the biker aspect of the book, and I really liked the fact that these great and caring people in Violet's life were criminals. It didn't make them any less caring or loving but just added another complex layer to their characters. I absolutely loved the scene where Violet was just coming to realize this aspect of her family and boyfriend.

I also really liked the age gap, which was about six years, between Vi and Mac. I was obsessed with the fact that he refused to rush her with anything sexual. I loved that he had respect for her and actually cared about her as a person. And I loved that he struggled with wanting her to explore but at the same time not wanting to push her; the fact that he struggled and questioned showed what an amazing and caring person and boyfriend he was.

I did not care for the second class treatment that a lot of the male characters in the story gave the women. I understand that that is a cliche in biker life and stories, but it doesn't mean that I like or appreciate it. I do not like being referenced to as "pussy" or a "piece of ass", I felt like that cliche could have been not used. But whatever you can't have everything.

I really, really loved the fact that Vi was a tattoo artist, and that we got to see her training and maturation in that world throughout the novel. I have such a love for tattoo artist stories, not only in books but also documentaries.  I have a few tattoos and I have such an appreciation for tattoo artists and the love that they have for their craft.

The middle section of the book felt like it drug on a bit, but it wasn't that huge of a problem the story was still very enjoyable. I could have done without the overly caricature-ized "evil" mother. I really loved the relationship that Violet had with her dad Bear. I thought it was really sweet how close they were and had always been. 

I was also a really big fan of the time lapses that the story was told under. I thought that they added a cool dimension to it. I really like the idea of seeing the past and seeing how the characters interacted and evolved from there. It was cool how it would go from Violet's ages for example fourteen years old, 16, to 18.


Final thoughts:
I definitely recommend this, it was such a fun and enjoyable read. The sex was super hot and it never felt excessive or repetitive.
Oh you can totally read this as a standalone, I did because I really wasn't interested in the first one of the series and I wasn't lost whatsoever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment