Saturday, February 7, 2015

Amour Amour by Krista and Becca Review

4 out of 5 stars

Such a different and wonderful read. I honestly don't think I have read a book like this before.

Synopsis:
Love is a circus
"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”


The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating, 26-year-old Nikolai Kotova lives up to his nickname as the “God of Russia.”

When Thora unknowingly walks into the crosshairs of Nikolai’s after-show, her audition process begins way too soon. Unprofessional. That’s what Nik calls their “non-existent” relationship. It’s not like Thora can avoid him. For one, they may be partners in the future--acrobaticpartners, that is. But getting closer to Nik means diving deeper into sin city and into his dizzying world. 
Thora wants to perform with him, but when someone like Nikolai attracts the spotlight wherever he goes—Thora fears that she’s destined to be just background to his spellbinding show.

This sexy and exhilarating New Adult Romance can best be described as Cirque du Soleil meets the steamy, athletic romance of Center Stage
 photo 22888864_zps74dc801b.jpg
I really loved the message that that this book sent to readers; that your goals are much more important than a relationship. This was a common theme all throughout the novel, and it is one that I back 100%. 

I will say that this book is so awkward. Like it puts you, the reader, in awkward situations from the first chapter to the last. I loved the story and was cringing most of the time. I'm not sure if I am just an awkward person that I felt this way but it was still so much fun to read despite it being uncomfortable at times.

What I loved:
-Nik and Thora's endearments. I thought they were so different and totally unique to the couple :) Demon and Devil, they don't sound like the sweetest names but with this couple the names totally work.

- Thora's strength and belief in herself, despite other people's opinions. She was such a fierce and strong character that I felt so strongly for her. She knew that she wasn't the best and never let that fact bring her down, she just kept trying harder and training longer. Thora was such an inspiration and I'm not used to seeing this type of character in books often. This is a reason why I read anything I can written by these authors, they always write such strong female characters and it gives me hope that this will become a trend for other authors to follow. Thora is such a realistic character that it was hard to remember that she was fictional.

-Nik. I loved him, no matter how abrasive he could be I loved his strength and love for his family. I loved that he would let loose once a week at the club, he was a parent  to his siblings for so long that having that outlet was something that he needed. I really loved how dedicated he was to his job and art. His love for Thora was so beautiful. Nik wanted her to succeed and did all he could to help her. I also really loved that he refused to hold her back from her dreams, such a stand up character.

-Nik's siblings, the setting, the atmosphere, and the circus :) I am so obsessed with cirque du soleil and the performers in it that it was really cool to have a book be sort of inspired by it.

-The side romance we get :D I loved it!! I was swooning when that couple flirted in their own tense way. So tense and hot, and it was just as good when they got together.

I could honestly go on. I don't want to spoil any romance elements or plot lines, all I have to say is read this book you won't be sorry!

What I could have done without:
-Shane. He was the biggest piece of shit "friend" ever. I just couldn't stand any scene that he was in, and I caught myself skimming when I saw that he was in it or mentioned. He was just a terrible friend who wanted his friend to be as miserable as he was. And then to try out after all of the year long shit fest he gave Thora...what the actual fuck?? I was so annoyed and pissed.

-Thora lying to her family. This is getting close to spoiler territory so I won't go in-depth with it  but I jut think Thora should have been honest.


final thoughts:
This was just such a good book. I really loved it and it is definitely on my reread shelf. I feel like this is definitely worth checking out. I also really hope that the authors decide to make a series out of it, because it is too good to just be a standalone.

No comments:

Post a Comment